One of the key components of VoIP desk phones is the quality of the hardware you choose. Whether your system is hosted on premises or on the cloud, most of the models on the market today are IP phones which are compatible with both.
Which are the best VoIP desk phones?
There is a great deal of variety in terms of the type of IP phone you can buy e.g. wired or wireless, conference phones, video phones and speakerphones. Here are 5 of the best VoIP desk phones favoured by businesses which offer the very latest in modern functionality.
|Model||Touch Screen||Conferencing||Video Calling||Integrated Bluetooth?|
|Polycom VVX 600||4.3” TFT (480 x 272)||3-way audio||With Polycom VVX camera accessory||Yes, Bluetooth 2.1|
|Grandstream GXP2170||4.3” TFT (480 x 272) colour LCD||5-way audio||No||Yes|
|Yealink T49G||8” Colour (1280 x 800 pixel) LCD||5-way audio||Yes, 3-way video conferencing||Yes, Bluetooth 4.0|
|Mitel MiVoice 5360 IP Phone||7” colour (800 × 480)||Yes||No||No|
|Panasonic KX-UT670||7” colour 262k LCD||3-way audio||No||Optional|
Polycom VVX 600
Polycom is a global brand focused on technology which enhances ‘human collaboration’ through communication technology. They count more than 400,000 of the world’s institutions as clients benefitting from video, voice and content solutions which improve efficiency, productivity and quality of their operation.
The Polycom VVX 600 VoIP desk phones are so much more than a telephone. A better description would be an all-in-one business media phone. It also features Bluetooth 2.1, two USB2.0 ports for media and data and an RJ-9 type headset port. The high quality 4.3” touch-screen provides intuitive controls and will integrate with your Microsoft Exchange calendar. Combined with the HD voice quality and ergonomic design this phone is the ideal solution for businesses at the cutting edge. Some models also include the option to include a camera which supports video calling and video mail.
- 4.3” TFT (480 x 272) touch-screen
- Up to 16 line appearances/speed dials
- 12-key keypad plus hard keys for home, speaker, mute, volume, headset
- Video playback and video conferencing via external USB cam
- Integrated Bluetooth
- Legendary Polycom HD Voice technology up to 14KHz on all audio paths (Speaker,
- 2 x Ethernet 10/100/1000
- 2 x USB 2.0 host
- Plug and play installation
- Robust SIP feature stack
- Easy integration with 3rd-party UC and productivity applications
- Complete API toolkit for custom development
- Full Browser (Webkit)
- Broad accessory support (Expansion Modules, Video camera accessory)
- Skype for Business and Office 365 Cloud PBX interoperability (order “Skype for Business Edition” codes ending in “-019”)
Grandstream Networks has been designing and producing IP products and solutions for voice and video telephony, video conferencing and surveillance since 2002. Their products are used by businesses in over 150 countries worldwide and are designed to combine quality, reliability and innovation.
The GXP2170 VoIP desk phones are based on the Linux platform and is able to manage very high call volumes. This makes it a particularly popular choice for administrators or sales teams who spend much of their time on the phone. The phone delivers a high connection speed due to the dual Gigabit and PoW network ports. You also have the option to mount this phone on the wall. This model is a full duplex speakerphone with superb echo cancellation, HD audio and can support Google Voice and internet radio. It will also support Bluetooth and includes both USB and RJ-9 headset ports.
- 12 lines
- 6 SIP accounts
- 5 soft keys
- 5-way voice conferencing
- 48 on-screen digitally customisable BLF/speed-dial keys
- 4.3” (480×272) colour-screen LCD
- Dual Gigabit ports, integrated PoE
- Integrated Bluetooth
- Supports up to four GXP2200EXT Modules for BLF/speed-dial access to up to 160 contacts
Yealink is a UK based company with a state-of-the-art production facility in China. Established in 2001, today they supply award-winning USB VoIP devices for businesses of all sizes including small offices, SMEs and large corporations in over 80 countries. They specialise in innovative, feature-rich, robust and reliable IP phones such as the T49G.
This model features an impressive 8” video touch-screen which supports full HD video calling via the 2 megapixel camera. With Bluetooth 4.0 included you can easily pairing with headsets and mobile devices. It also has its own Wi-Fi router and offers 3-way video conferencing and 5-way audio conferencing.
- 8” Colour (1280 x 800 pixel) LCD Touch Screen
- 2 mega-pixel HD camera with privacy shutter
- HD Video and Audio
- 16 SIP accounts
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 5-way audio conferencing
- 3-way video conferencing
- HDMI and USB ports
Mitel MiVoice 5360 IP Phone
Mitel is a global force in business communications with more than 2,500 partners in over 100 countries. They claim to support over 2 billion connections every day and have headquarters all around the world.
The Mitel MiVoice 5360 IP VoIP desk phones are targeted at business executives, supervisors and managers to act as their multimedia ‘desktop device’ rather than simply as a phone. It will integrate with the Mitel 250 communications platform and can create and deliver rich multimedia applications. Despite its complex functionality, the phone is also equipped with a range of user-friendly features such as the 7” touch-screen display which enables one-touch access to applications and internet based content.
- 7” backlit, high-resolution (800 pixels × 480 pixels), colour, touch-screen display with brightness controls
- Touch-screen access to features and applications
- 48 programmable, multi-functional keys
- Gigabit support embedded
- Gadget Sidebar provides one-touch access to embedded applications
- Supports Mitel Unified Communicator Express (UCX), Mitel MiCollab Client and Mitel Live Content Suite
- Extensive support for peripherals: Cordless (DECT) and Bluetooth Accessories, Line Interface Module, and MiVoice 5610 DECT Stand
- HTML Desktop Toolkit support for applications development
- Handsfree speakerphone (full duplex)
- Supported on the MiVoice Business and MiVoice Office platforms
Panasonic needs little introduction as one of the world’s leading brands in electronic design and manufacture. They boast over 50 years of experience in providing homeowners, businesses and institutions of all sizes and sectors with the technology they need to operate at the highest level possible. Specifically, the Panasonic System Communications Company Europe specialises in equipment that allows you to ‘capture, compute and communicate every piece of visual, voice and text-based data within your business’.
The KX-UT670 VoIP desk phones are quite literally a smart phone; with a 7” full colour LCD screen it feels more like a tablet with high quality graphics and user friendly controls. It will support full HD video and audio and will work with any DECT-enabled Plantronics headset. It is a Linux based model which includes a full duplex speakerphone supporting 3 way conference calls. This model also features a range of included applications such as a web browser, calendar, email, contacts manager, network camera control and music player with the option to create and install custom applications.
- 2 Gigabit Ether ports
- Large directory
- Programmable smart desk phone – up to 6 SIP accounts
- 7” colour touch screen
- High Quality HD Voice (G.722) and video
- Compatible with Asterisk and Broadsoft Broadworks
- Linux Based Operating System
- Full duplex speakerphone, 3 way conference call support
- Plug & play configuration